What to Eat in Fukuoka- Ramen Hunting

 Hi All!


It's been a long time since I wrote this blog.

This time, I'd like to take you with me to travel to Fukuoka and what kind of ramen that you can find here based on my experience.

Fukuoka is well known for " Hakata Ramen" and it's a paradise for you who love to eat Japanese Ramen, besides 明太子/mentaiko, meaning for salted cod-roe  and  Hakata Amaou(博多あまおう), very special type of strawberry grown in Fukuoka and tastes so delicious.

If you visit Fukuoka, don't forget to put "Ramen" for must try foods on your travel list.

Okay, Lets start, shall we?


1. Hakata Sanki (博多三氣)

English website: https://hakata-sanki.jp/picky/en/





Ramen's Menu:

  • やる氣ラーメン (Yaruki Ramen)
  • げん氣ラーメン ( Genki Ramen)
  • 負けん氣ラーメン (Makenki Ramen)
  • 氣ラーメン (Sanki Ramen)
You also can find side dishes such as チャーハン (Fried Rice), Gyoza (7-pieces) and Onigiri ( 1-piece).

If you need to add more toppings on your ramen, just pay extra for your topping and they offer 

  • 青ネギ Aou Negi/ green onion
  • にんにく Ninniku/ Garlic
  • もやし Moyashi/ Bean sprout
  • ゆで卵 Yude Tamago/ Boiled Egg
  • チャーシュー Chashiu/ Thinned slice roasted pork meat
  • さくらげ Sakurage/ Jew's Ear Mushroom
  • 辛子高菜 Karashi Takana/ Takana's pickles with red pepper

*******

My friends recommended this Ramen store and We went there to have some taste.

Well, I quite like the taste and it suits me well. If you like Tonkotsu 豚骨 style of Ramen, then Sanki Ramen is the one for you.


2. Hakata Ikkousha (博多一幸舎)

Website: https://www.ikkousha.com/





I know this ramen back when I was in Indonesia but never had a chance to have a taste. When I moved to Fukuoka, I'm so happy to know that they have  store in Fukuoka and obviously it is Hakata Ikkousha, the name Hakata showing this ramen originally from Hakata, Fukuoka.

I went to one of the store in Tenjin, and the place was nice also you'll find some other foreigners too enjoying their ramens including me haha.

Hakata Ikkousha also Tonkotsu Ramen which is the broth made from Pork bones and  the ramen's soup is not that heavy  and for me it's really good one.


So, this is for now I guess

If we're talking about Ramen, mostly foreign visitors only know Ichiran 一蘭 and don't get me wrong though. Ichiran is a good ramen and I do like it but when you are in Fukuoka, try to explore more  Ramen's store untill you find your favorite one.




Comments